* 1959 , Philip Auld, Honour a Physician
* 1985 , Alan Sillitoe, Life Goes On
- ‘Is wife takes all the calls — I never spoke to a sarkier bitch.
- He got out the map, and was even sarkier . “As the crow flies, it’s forty miles.”
(UK, Australia, slang) Irritated, in a bad mood; disparaging.
* 1995 , , The Cast Iron Shore , Granta, 1998,
* 2003 , Justine Larbalestier, A Buffy Confession”, Glenn Yeffeth (editor), ”Seven Seasons of Buffy: Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors Discuss Their Favorite Television Show , BenBella Books, US,
- The war had made Stan narkier than ever.
* 2005 , Maxim Jakubowski (editor), The Best British Mysteries 2005 ,
- I?m now one of those people I used to defend the show against. There is no one more bitter than an ex-true believer. Color me narky and picky.
* 2005 , ,
- It was a special request and Mrs. Fleming had to do it all on the spot, so that?s made her even more narky than usual.
* 2008 , , Champagne Kisses ,
- Foolishly, I went to the National Right dinner last night. What a narky , miserable bunch of sods.
* 2008 , Claudia Carroll, Do You Want to Know a Secret? , Random House, UK,
- I had to endure the narkiest taxi driver complaining about ‘Foreign lads takin? taxi plates’, who then managed to test my patience even more by leaving me a good walk from Parker?s apartment block.
- Age is definitely making me narkier . The only difference between me and my moany Auntie Maisie is a plaid shopping trolley and a tracheotomy.