(en adjective )
Torn, either partly or into separate pieces.
Pulled away from forcefully.
In data storage, transferred to a hard disk from another portable media form.
Copied or stolen usually from an identified source.
(bodybuilding) Having extremely low bodyfat content so that the shape of the underlying muscles become pronounced. Said especially of well-defined abdominal muscles.
* 1988‘, Steve Holman, “Christian Conquers Columbus”, ”” ‘ 47 (6): 28-34.
* 2010‘, Bill Geiger, “6-pack Abs in 9 Weeks”, ”Reps!” ‘ 17 :106
- With the average male competitor weighing around 220, the total poundage of raw, ripped mass in the preliminary lineup is over 3,700 pounds.
(slang) Drunk, inebriated.
- That’s the premise of the overload principle, and it must be applied, even to ab training, if you’re going to develop a cut, ripped midsection.
* (torn) torn
* (having low bodyfat) chiseled, cut, shredded
* (drunk) See
rent in tatters, torn, hanging in rags; ragged
* 1919 , :
dressed in tatters or rags; ragged
(obsolete) dilapidated; showing gaps or breaks; jagged; broken
- The chattering, irrational brute of the subconscious clothes itself in the tattered garments of rationality and idealism.