Reposeth vs Deposeth - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between reposeth and deposeth is that reposeth is (repose) while deposeth is (archaic) (deposeth).
(dated) rest, sleep
* 1908 ,
- Dark and deserted as it was, the night was full of small noises, song and chatter and rustling, telling of the busy little population who were up and about, plying their trades and vocations through the night till sunshine should fall on them at last and send them off to their well-earned repose .
quietness, ease; peace, calmness
* Dante Divine Comedy,Inferno, Canto 10
- You would not rob us of our repose , would you, comrades? You would not have us too tired to carry out our duties?
(geology) period between eruptions of a volcano.
- So may thy lineage find at last repose I thus adjured him
To lie at rest; to rest.
To lie; to be supported.
- Within a thicket I reposed .
To lay, to set down.
- trap reposing on sand
- But these thy fortunes let us straight repose / In this divine cave’s bosom.
To place, have, or rest; to set; to entrust.
- Pebbles reposed in those cliffs amongst the earth are left behind.
To reside in something.
(figuratively) To remain or abide restfully without anxiety or alarms.
* I. Taylor
- The king reposeth all his confidence in thee.
- It is upon these that the soul may repose .