Relates vs Replates - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between relates and replates is that relates is while replates is (replate).
To tell in a descriptive way.
To give an association.
To make a connection or correlation from one thing to another.
* 2002 , Paul Light, Karen Littleton, Learning with Computers: Analysing Productive Interactions (page 92)
To have a connection.
- The use of video made it possible to relate‘ the talk to the answers given to particular problems in the test. With this research design it was possible to ‘ relate changes in test score measures to changes in linguistic features
To respond through reaction.
To identify with, understand.
(obsolete) To bring back; to restore.
- I find it difficult to relate to others because i’m extremely introverted .
- Abate your zealous haste, till morrow next again / Both light of heaven and strength of men relate .
To plate again.
* 2005 , Cheryl Mendelson, Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House
- And you will most likely need to have your silver-plated ware replated far more quickly if you put it in the dishwasher