Relates vs Examines - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between relates and examines is that relates is while examines is .
To tell in a descriptive way.
To give an association.
To make a connection or correlation from one thing to another.
* 2002 , Paul Light, Karen Littleton, Learning with Computers: Analysing Productive Interactions (page 92)
To have a connection.
- The use of video made it possible to relate‘ the talk to the answers given to particular problems in the test. With this research design it was possible to ‘ relate changes in test score measures to changes in linguistic features
To respond through reaction.
To identify with, understand.
(obsolete) To bring back; to restore.
- I find it difficult to relate to others because i’m extremely introverted .
- Abate your zealous haste, till morrow next again / Both light of heaven and strength of men relate .
* examin (obsolete)
To observe or inspect carefully or critically.
- He examined the crime scene for clues.
- She examined the hair sample under a microscope.
To check the health or condition of something or someone.
- With fresh material, taxonomic conclusions are leavened by recognition that the material examined reflects the site it occupied; a herbarium packet gives one only a small fraction of the data desirable for sound conclusions. Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get
To determine the aptitude, skills or qualifications of someone by subjecting them to an examination.
- The doctor examined the patient.
- The witness was examined under oath.
* cross-examine, cross examine