Proselytizes vs Proselytises - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between proselytizes and proselytises is that proselytizes is (proselytize) while proselytises is .
* (UK) proselytise
To encourage or induce people to join a religious movement, political party, or other cause or organization.
* 1909 , , The Foreigner , ch. 14:
* 2001 , Douglas Waller, ”
- “I am not sent here to proselytize . My church is not in that business.”
A Terror Threat From The South,” Time , 10 Dec.:
- Counterterrorism officials believe bin Laden has set up cells to proselytize the large Middle East expatriate population living in the area.
To convert (someone) to one’s own faith or beliefs.
- It is illegal to proselytize in some countries
- One of those whom they endeavour to proselytize .