Procure vs Regain - What's the difference?
Procure is a related term of regain. As verbs the difference between procure and regain is that procure is while regain is to get back; to recover possession of.
To acquire or obtain.
- if we procure not to ourselves more woe
To obtain a person as a prostitute for somebody else.
(criminal law) To induce or persuade someone to do something.
(obsolete) To contrive; to bring about; to effect; to cause.
* Robynson (More’s Utopia)
- Later there would also be need for seeds and artificial manures, besides various tools and, finally, the machinery for the windmill. How these were to be procured , no one was able to imagine.
- By all means possible they procure to have gold and silver among them in reproach.
(obsolete) To solicit; to entreat.
- Proceed, Solinus, to procure my fall.
(obsolete) To cause to come; to bring; to attract.
- The famous Briton prince and faery knight, / Of the fair Alma greatly were procured / To make there longer sojourn and abode.
- What unaccustomed cause procures her hither?
* (acquire) obtain
* (obtain a prostitute) buy, purchase
To get back; to recover possession of.
, date=April 23
, author=Angelique Chrisafis
, title=François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election
, work=the Guardian
, passage=Sarkozy’s total will be seen as a personal failure. It is the first time an outgoing president has failed to win a first-round vote in the past 50 years and makes it harder for Sarkozy to regain momentum.}}