Immanuel (Biblical figure whose birth is foretold).
# (Christianity) Immanuel .
of Biblical origin.
* ,Scene IV:
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel , which being interpreted is, God with us.
* 1629 , , Meditations upon Creed”, ”The Works of Thomas Adams, James Nichol (1862) , volume 3, page 212:
- Cade”. What is thy name? / ”Clerk”. Emmanuel . / ”Dick . They use to write it on the top of letters. ‘Twill go hard with you.
- Some call their sons Emmanuel : this is too bold. The name is proper to Christ, therefore not to be communicated to any creature.
* manuall (obsolete)
From (etyl) manuel, from
A booklet that instructs on the usage of a particular machine.
(music) A keyboard for the hands on a harpsichord, organ, or other musical instrument.
A manual transmission; a gearbox, especially of a motorized vehicle, shifted by the operator.
(by synecdoche) A vehicle with a manual transmission.
A bicycle technique whereby the front wheel is held aloft by the rider, without the use of pedal foce.
* reference manual
* instruction manual
* user manual
* user’s manual
* owners manual
* owner’s manual
From (etyl) manuel, manual, from (etyl) .
Performed with the hands (of an activity).
* 1897 , Henry James, What Maisie Knew :
Operated by means of the hands (of a machine, device etc.).
- She gave a wild manual brush to her locks.
* , relating to the mouth
* , relating to the foot